Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Orphaned Gloves

I want to thank everyone who came out to participate in the first Two Hands Volunteer Day of 2009. Most of us attended the workshop at Elizabeth Anna's prior to the groundbreaking at Tolstoy House. I was really moved by how many folks came to the house to sweat and get dirty breaking up that hard, dead ground! We cannot do this without the participation of people in our community outside this house, so again, many thanks. Your time and efforts are appreciated!

Pictures of the groundbreaking here:

http://flickr.com/photos/tolstoyhouse/sets/72157613250421701/

Our next step is to sheet compost in the front yard. Dan and I are going to acquire some compost material this week, and start that process. If anyone wants to lend a hand, please contact me at lindsey@tolstoyhouse.com to communicate your availability.

In reference to the title of this post:
There were several pairs of gloves left at the house after the groundbreaking. I have washed them and they are safe, and will be put to good use here until they are claimed. If they are never claimed, we thank you for donating them!

Hope to see you all again soon! I have rehearsals every Sunday until mid-March, so I will not be making it out to many of the Two Hands Volunteer Days for the next few weeks. Please know my absence is only temporary! I look forward to many more opportunities to work side by side with all of you!

Also, keep your eyes open for posts regarding our next Relational Tithe Potluck. It will most likely be on a Friday two weeks from now, but it's not set in stone yet. We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment